Staysure Travel Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi all, I'm new to all this but thought I would share with you about Travel Insurance in case anyone has a similar dilemma  - I am post surgery and awaiting radiotherapy.  I have a trip booked at the end of June for the week to see my mother in spain.  I duly rang Virgin Money whom I have an annual travel policy with to inform them of my new medical status, and they duly cancelled my insurance policy !!!! Great thanks !!!  Anyway, after struggling to find insurance cover, I telephoned Staysure and they were really helpful and stepped through my diagnosis/treatment etc.  Because I am between treatment, they would not cover anything arising from my cancer status at the moment, but they would give me travel insurance for everything else - and it cost about £20 for the week.   Hope this helps ! Good Luck all 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great that you've been able to get travel insurance through Staysure and thanks very much for taking the time to post about your experience.

If you want in future to get travel insurance that covers anything related to your cancer as well, then take a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, as there are lots of recommendations from other forum members there.

I hope you have a lovely time with your mother in Spain

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"