Need some help please....

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

So just as my treatment for breast cancer comes to an end my husband receives a diagnosis of metastatic prostate cancer with spread to his lymph nodes and spine.

I am now.a year past my final treatment and all clear.  My husband is doing well on degarelix hormone injections and apalutamide tablets ( a form of hormone based chemotherapy) 

After my horrendous year of surgeries, chemo and radiotherapy and going nowhere at all (since.2019!) I need a break, (for my mental elf...Dolls) and so does hubby.

As he is currently well we want to go away for a week in the sun to make memories while we have chance as, we know his next step will be Intravenous chemo with no chance of travelling yet again. 

The problem is that whilst insurance for me has increased quite a bit, for my husband it is looking extortionate!

Is there anyone who can advise, or maybe recommend an insurer that may be suitable? Would be really grateful Pray 

• Hi  

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. 

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. There are lots of recommendations there so it's best to go through the thread, make a list and then sit down with a big cup of tea to start phoning around.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"