travel insurance for relatives

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

i would be grateful for advice please - essentially i am looking for advice on whether there are any travel insurance companies that will provide travel insurance cover for cancellation or curtailment of a trip if a relative (who is not going on the holiday) who has cancer suddenly deteriorates. My own insurance covers everything else and my family, but will not cover for this specifically and i was think of taking out extra cover. I would be grateful for any advice/direction please. thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have any personal experience of travel insurance companies who will insure you in the circumstances that you describe but I'm going to 'tag'  as she had a similar set of circumstances recently. Hopefully she'll pop on and tell you if she was able to get travel insurance with this cover.

Have you had a look at the recommendations from other group members in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. There are a lot of recommendations in the thread so the easiest thing is to make a list and then start phoning the companies. They are all travel insurance companies who do provide insurance for people with cancer so they may be your best bet.

Please do come back and let us know how you get on so that we can let others know in future.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"