Travel Insurance

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I tried all day yesterday to get travel insurance for Australia, why do Companies say we Cover Pre Existing Medical Conditions and they dont  !!!!!!! . I have been Diagnosed with Lung Cancer.   Had Quotes of £2478.00 managed to find someone in the end for just under £500.00

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I know how frustrating it can be to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. I suppose the travel insurance companies should say that they cover 'some' pre-existing medical conditions.

I don't know if you looked at the recommendations from other group members in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread before phoning yesterday, but if not, next time you could make a list of those, as they are companies that will insure people with cancer. However, you need to remember that quotes are based on individual circumstances and they may insure one person with cancer but not another with a different type or different set of circumstances.

It would be really helpful if you could let us know who you got insurance with so that we can all benefit. If it's a company not known to the group, we can then add their name to those already recommended.

I hope you have a lovely time in Australia.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Got it through World-First Travel Insurance

• I've just checked and World First are already in the recommendations but it's good to know they're still providing cover for people with cancer.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"