Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

If I am cancer free, however I had a full hysterectomy in January and just finished radiotherapy in April.
Would I need special insurance for going abroad? I have travel insurance with my bank account, would I need a conversation with them?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

You'll need to look at the terms and conditions of your bank's travel insurance but, if it's like mine, you will probably need to disclose your diagnosis and treatment. They will then decide if they can still cover you. I finished treatment for breast cancer in January, spoke to my bank in February and they were happy to continue insurance.

If your bank will no longer cover you then take a look at the suggestions in the 'recommended travel insurance'. These are all companies that other group members have used to buy travel insurance through. The thread is quite long so it's best to make a list on paper of the companies recommended and then work your way through them.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"