Insurance cover when awaiting tests

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

My husband has had CLL for 3 years and has been stable. Recently his blood counts have changed and he may need further tests to see if CLL is more active. We are due to go on holiday to Canada in 5 weeks. We see consultant in 2 weeks with latest blood tests. We have travel insurance but I’m worried they won’t cover him if he’s waiting for test results. Does anyone know of an insurance company that may cover 

He is well, very active and has no symptoms

thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband is waiting for further tests to see if his CLL is more active.

Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. Whilst they are not specific to your circumstances, they are all companies that do provide cover for people with cancer.

I used goodtogoinsurance.com earlier this year for a holiday in Europe and they were happy to cover my husband who was waiting for a minor procedure. What was excluded in his cover was if he had to cancel because his operation was brought forward or if we had to return home early because the operation was going to be rescheduled. As we knew that neither of these events would occur, we were happy to take out the insurance with them. They might be worth a try for you and your husband if your existing insurers will no longer cover you.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much latchbrook, I’ll take a look. Thank you also for your warm welcome and support I appreciate it