Travel insurance after surgery

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

I had an operation to remove bladder cancer over 2 years ago and have remained clear since, do I have to declare to insurance companies.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

The simple answer to your question is yes you do need to declare your cancer diagnosis if asked. Sometimes insurance quotes will ask if you've ever had cancer, or had cancer within a certain timeframe, ie 12 months, 24 months, 5 years for example.

If you struggle to find reasonably priced travel insurance then do have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as that's where the majority of recommendations are.

It's often better to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"