Where to turn for travel insurance

• 30 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi im new here. Just been diagnosed with 4th primary cancer in 14 years. I'm looking for recommendations for insurance following surgery but waiting for radiotherapy.  Oncology have agreed to let me visit family in sweden before I start treatment. Which companies do others recommend?

• Thank you .. how is he feeling?

• Hi Keany. No I am covered for my condition. My prostate cancer has gone to some bone areas I'm on quarterly injections and daily tablets. So no surgery or radiotherapy is currently being considered and my PSA is below 10. I think if PSA was above 10 or surgery etc was planned they wouldn't have covered me

• Who was it that covered you and was it inc your cancer..my Husband had radiotherapy 2019 but a year ago some spread was found in bones.. he opted for 6 doses of chemo plus Prostap 3 monthly..his PSA is now undetectable after 8 months so told he is in remission.

Hope you carry on feeling ok. 

Think you said Holiday Extra Ins..not too sure though.

• I'm 71, Prostate Cancer diagnosed December 2022. Stage 4 with bone metastases. I have Decapeptyl injections quarterly and Enzalutamide tablets daily. Monthly PSA tests. Last one was Saturday and result of that will be discussed with Oncologist Tuesday. Think you should try holidaysafe.co.uk again as your husband sounds in better place than me. I had to start a quote request on-line then got to a point where I had to call, quoting the quote reference. From then on it was further questions by phone. Good luck.

• Well Just come off the phone from Hol Extras they quoted £700 for hubby ridiculous .. now will try Holiday Safe...thanks will get back to you

• Hi Keany

If you don't have any joy with Holiday Safe then do have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, if you haven't already, as that's where the majority of recommendations are from other members of this community.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• That's interesting.  I've just done a posting saying that Insurancewith have excluded Spain from their price of £251 less discount.  We'd been wondering whether this includes the Balearics and Canaries. I suppose their quotes differ according to people's individual circumstances.

• Fantastic info, I had a quote from staysure of @£1000 for joint annual cover, holidaysafe have quoted £200... whata difference. 

Thanks for the post, has saved me a lot of money. 

• Brilliant! Glad to be able to help.

• That's a great price is that for platinum multi trip