Where to turn for travel insurance

• 30 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi im new here. Just been diagnosed with 4th primary cancer in 14 years. I'm looking for recommendations for insurance following surgery but waiting for radiotherapy.  Oncology have agreed to let me visit family in sweden before I start treatment. Which companies do others recommend?

• www [dot] insureancewith [dot] com

• I'm stage 4 with metastases in my spine. Just finished arranging travel insurance having been refused cover by existing insurer Staysure. I've spoken to 7 firms. Several declined me outright. The highest quote was £2298 for a single trip to Morocco in April or £4322 for annual cover. None of them seem to understand that prostate cancer is highly unlikely to cause a problem while on holiday. Eventually arranged cover with holidaysafe.co.uk, an annual policy for me and wife for £418. They really understand!

• Thank you for that, I'm going yo give them a try first. Glad you got sorted eventually

• Hello like you I have stage Metastatic Breast Cancer to the spine stage. 
    after being diagnosed with breast cancer in Aug 2019  after a second mammogram. I was due to fly out to see my son in Nov in San Francisco for his 30th birthday but was unable to. After chem, surgery and radiotherapy I was hoping to the following yr the covid struck. He couldn’t travel over nor we so at this stage I hadn’t seen him for 2 yrs! Fingers crossed we hoped for 2021 but the US banned all travel to the US from the uk. Last Aug he was able to travel for my wedding and came back for Christmas. Then I got diagnosed on Aug of 2022 with Metastatic Breast Cancer to the spine. Upto then all my yrly mammograms showed I’d responded well to treat and looking forward to being”normal”once more. 
    I’ve spoken to my oncologist about travelling to the US and said go for it whilst you’re up to it. This when the problem of insurance comes in. Having read your thread am hoping I’ll get a yrl reasonable quote to unable me to go. I’ve had a lot of refusals or extortionate quotes. 
    Thank you for your recommendation and will try them. 

• I got a quote of £216.00 from your recommendation many thanks for your advice. 
    All the best ChrisHodEx

• Wow, that's really good. Glad I could help!

• Hi just wondered if you had any joy with holiday safe? I have grade 2 localised prostate cancer diagnosed in Feb and on hormone therapy and awaiting radiotherapy in a few months. They declined to insure me for trip in July as I was awaiting hospital treatment

• Hello Scarby I had a quote for £216.00 for the yr that covers America & Europe. 
    worth a try. Good luck. 

• Well done on that

Holiday safe said no as treatment not started yet