Travel insurance

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I have just spoken to a lady who said I could probably find some help with travel insurance for my husband who has prostate cancer. Is there anyone out there that has been successful in getting travel insurance with this condition and if so what sort of questions do I need to be aware of? Many thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. 

Most people recommend that it's better to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I've searched this group and can see that  has recently posted about getting travel insurance after a prostate cancer diagnosis. I have 'tagged' him into my reply to you in the hope that he'll pop on and share his experience with what information you'll need to provide the insurance company with. In the meantime you could take a look at this information from Macmillan on things an insurance provider might want to know.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello my husband has stage 4 prostate cancer & we have insurance cover with insurancewith 

I was on the phone for at least 30minutes all medical history & medication he takes 

we were quoted for a week in jersey £189 and for an  annual policy in Europe for £780 

The staff are lovely good luck a holiday is something nice to look forward to.