The Recommended Travel Insurance thread was locked. Where is the new one?

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

?

• Is £1900 for a ten day trip to Spain reasonable for a patient on maintenance immunotherapy with resolved disease? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. The thread is quite long so it's best to make a list on paper of the companies recommended and then work your way through them.

Although the 'old' recommended travel insurance thread has been locked, you can still use it to search for recommendations. The new thread that has been set up can be found by clicking here, but it only has one company recommended which can also be found in the old thread.

It's often better to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I hope you have a lovely time in Spain.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• That thread closed 4 years ago. For example Boots has given up  their insurance for people with existing conditions. I am a doctor and travel with my partner. His CT scan show dd  him to be free of disease. I can understand that no one wants to give him an annual insurance but £1900 for 10 days in Spain for someone who was CT evidence of clearance seems a bit much. 

• Hi  

The old thread was closed 5 days ago not 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, there may be insurance companies that were recommended in the past that are no longer trading but there are still lots of others for you to try.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"