Reasonable quote for travelling abroad

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi 

was diagnosed in November with breast cancer and already had a holiday booked for June 2023 before diagnosis and we have a annual policy. I’ve had a look at some quotes to insure just myself for the trip and the prices are ridiculous cost more than the holiday itself. It feels like I am never going to be able to travel and enjoy a holiday even though my cancer is fully treatable and I am doing everything I have been asked to do. Advice please if anybody has any companies they have used in the past. First time on her. 

many thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be harder to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis, and I assume that your annual travel insurer will no longer cover you.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last April and finished all my treatment in January. I have recently taken out travel insurance for a holiday in Europe with goodtogoinsurance.com and found the cost to be very reasonable.

Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. 

It's often better to phone the insurance companies rather than do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced travel insurance and do pop back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for your response I will certainly have a look and use the link you’ve sent this is very much appreciated and I will pop back on and let you know how I got on 

many thanks

Lola24