Parents

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi

Thank you to everyone who commented with suggestions regarding travel insurance for my parents.

The quotes they got were ridiculous so unfortunately they have decided to just go somewhere in the UK for now.

They were looking to go on a last minute cruise this month but the insurance was over £2000 just for my dad.They have got a holiday booked to Ibiza in May that has been carried over since lockdown but the quotes for that was between £3000 and £4000

My mum has spent most of last week on the phone to different companies but not got anywhere.One lady on the phone wouldn't accept that Melanoma of the lung is different to lung cancer.

We live in a beautiful country so hopefully no matter where they end up going they will have a nice time and enjoy themselves 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that none of the companies that had been recommended in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, or those suggested to you elsewhere, have been able to provide reasonably priced insurance for your parents.

As you say, we live in a beautiful country and last year I had lots of short breaks within an hour or so of home in between having chemotherapy. Although the breaks were only for a few days at a time I still felt like I'd had a break and I hope your parents will too.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"