Cruise ship Travel Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me with a  problem a friend of mine is having with getting travel insurance?

She is currently under investigations for Pancreatic cancer/disease but has booked a Cruise around India in 2 weeks time and is now finding iit very difficult to get reasonable insurance to cover her. It also looks highly likely that this will not be cancer.

Any advice or recommendations would be most appreciated.

Loulabell

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, as your friend has found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. 

It has been recommended in the past to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I do hope your friend can find some suitable insurance and has a lovely holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"