Insurance ither than by telephone

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi All,

I was recently told that, in effect, that my acute myeloid leukaemia is terminal, not least because I am already a Disabled person and wheelchair users, although medication could give me 2 years 'quality of life' before I die.  One of the things I want to do with the time I have left is to visit my family, all of who live in Australia.

It's good to hear that some of you have been able to get travel insurance but does anyone have experience of securing insurance when they are unable to use the telephone?

• Hi again  when it comes to insurance companies it’s important to get the terminology correct.

I also have an incurable Blood Cancer but I have not been told I am am going to die at any specific time in the future…. So I don’t have a terminal prognosis and may well die with my blood cancer and not because if it - my consultants just don’t ‘actually’ know.

You may want to get try and get some help from a friend as the best results for prices is actually by talking with insurance company’s as online comparison sites tend to use the same algorithms so getting a clear price can be difficult and it’s not that unusual to be turned down or told to call the insurers.

Have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I do hope that you can navigate this to get your trip down under 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge