Travel Insurance

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I am looking for some travel insurance for some shorts breaks and was wondering if anyone had found a particular country that is cheaper to get insurance for. Also what difference does it make if you go on a cruise. I have had some rediculous quotes £2700 for 5 days in canaries.

• In my experience Europe is cheaper.  I don't understand why, but a cruise appears to be categorised as high risk.  The only justification I can think of is that ailments spread more quickly on a ship because of the close proximity of living.  

• Generally Europe is cheaper but within Europe some places are high risk from an insurance point of view, due to the cost of medical treatment there. Spain, Greece, Malta, Cyprus generally put the price up. A cruise is a high risk, from an insurance point of view, as the cost of medical evacuation in an emergency can be very high. I have an annual policy with Insurancewith and they have 3 categories for Europe so you can look at where you want to go and work out which category it falls into. In my case the addition for cruising adds about £65 but costs vary due to individual circumstance and where you want to go. 

Hope that helps

T

• Thank-you that’s very helpful