HAS THE CANCER SPREAD QUESTION WHEN SEEKING INSURANCE

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi I have recently completed my cancer treatment and am now on 5 years monitoring. I have been trying to get travel insurance having been treated for stomach cancer in the last year. There is always a question relating to "Has there ever been a spread from the stomach to other parts of the body?" and generally has three responses a) yes to other organs. b) yes to lymph nodes only and c) No. 

Having had chemo - operation - chemo there is no indications or related symptoms that the cancer has spread to either my organs or distant lymph nodes however my post op histology did identify signs of cancer in 14 out of 30 lymph nodes that were removed and also in one of the margins. What should be my honest response to the question regarding spread?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Les

•  

Hi Les

I recently applied for travel insurance having just completed all my treatment which consisted of an operation, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

When I had my operation, cancer cells were found in one of 2 lymph nodes removed. I was also asked and given the same options as yourself about spread when phoning for travel insurance. I told the agent that it had been found in one of my lymph nodes, and he said that the answer then was 'b'. 

I hope this helps, but you could always check to make sure that that applies to you as well by phoning one of the travel insurance companies. If you get 1 company saying 'b', for example, I think it's safe to assume that that is the correct answer for any of them, unless others give even more options.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

Thanks for sharing your experience and mine reflects the same. I have not got travel insurance from Avanti who were very good although it is a bit pricey.

Regards

Les

• I found goodtogo.com to be reasonably priced.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks latch brook, my post should have said "I have NOW got travel insurance from Avanti" lol