Extra cover

• 7 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hello .  I'm new to this group.  I hope someone can give me some advice regarding travel insurance.  My husband was diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma in his thigh in May 2020.  He had surgery to remove it in July 2020 and radiotherapy in October 2020.  He has not had any reoccurance. We have booked a holiday with our children and grandchildren for August 2023 to Disneyland Florida.  We have annual travel insurance through Barclays Bank and I recently did an update on the medical screening.  This resulted in the insurance covering all our medical conditions such as diabetes but excludes sarcoma.   I then looked for insurance that would cover sarcoma.  None would do annual insurance but found a number that will do single trip insurance. So I am thinking of taking this out in addition to our existing insurance.   Some were very expensive for example Saga was £1200, but I have found some more  reasonable quotes around 400 and 500 pound.    Is this the thing to do and if it is what would be an adequate figure for medical cover.  Cancellation cover is limited I understand that and as the rest of our group would carry on with the holiday we would only realistically have to cancel our flights so not too worried about a cancellation figure. I would be interested to hear some thoughts on this .

Thank you