Terminal Diagnoses with Cervical cancer

• 6 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hello everyone.  I'm new here today. I have been diagnosed with terminal cervical after failed chemo, radiotherapy plus brachytherapy, finishing last October.

I am hopefully going on holiday to Italy this October but enquiring about insurance is tricky as basically they want to know how long I've got on this planet and docs seem reluctant to speculate.  I'm currently waiting to see consultant at Addenbrookes Oncology when he returns from holiday, but the tour company want to know now if I can get insurance for my prognosis.

Does anyone know of insurance companies who might be willing to insure me without too much hassle?. I am mobile and still feel quite well most of the time.

Thanks

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A holiday in Italy sounds lovely but it can be more difficult to get insurance if you have a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for replying. I found an insurer from that recommended list who said they only need comfirmation that I will be fit to travel, so will get in touch with them again as soon as I've seen the consultant. Thank you for your help and kind welcome to this group.

• Hi Nan3942

Hope you have a lovely holiday to Italy in Oct. May I ask what company it was that said they will insure you. I'm hoping to go abroad as soon as my treatment is finished in Oct.

Best wishes Robin 

• Hi Robin. Thank you. It was with Free Spirit  02392419080  Young man I spoke to was very pleasan and helpful. Good Luck

• Thank you Nan3942. Wishing you the very best and a lovely well ernt holiday.

xx