Travel insurance for previous melanoma sufferer.

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Help with travel insurance with previous melanoma. Have been clear since March 2017 but having Immuniotherapy as a precaution. Going to Ibiza in 2 weeks, many will not even give me a quote, one has See no evilid £200 for one week. Spoke to Macmillan and they said something about a quote with 'medical underighting". More details but a better chance? Can anyone advise me? See no evil

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis especially when still undergoing treatment.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

I think when you've been advised to get a "quote with medical underighting" they mean that it's best to phone the insurance companies as sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

You could also join and post your question in the melanoma group as there are lots of people there who are on immunotherapy and who might have got insurance for a holiday abroad recently. If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've provided and then join and post in the same way as you did here.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"