Travel insurance for a trip to NZ following a diagnosis of Glioblastoma over a year ago.

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

My husband finished a year of treatment and his latest scan shows there is no new activity happening in the brain. We wish to go to NZ at the end of the year to visit our daughter. My husband rang up a company to get a quote this afternoon and they asked him if he was terminal, he said he didn't know whether he would be around in 6 months or 2 years etc.  How do we answer this type of question?

Many thanks.

• Hi

You might find it helpful, in knowing how your husband should answer the question about being terminal, to look at this reply by pollyalison to a previous post in this group where she points out that "some companies class 6 months as terminal and others 12 months but if you do not have a prognosis you are classed as incurable not terminal."

Mitzie10 posted here in a reply to another poster "If your husband is still receiving treatment, then he is not terminal. I am treatable but not curable but most certainly not terminal."

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"