Advice with Travel Insurance for Italy

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi All, Im new to the online community. My husband was diagnosed last year with advanced aggressive prostate cancer Gleason 9. We are hoping to travel to a nieces wedding in Italy in the autumn and a MacMillan nurse suggested we get advice online about the travel insurance. My husband has stents from his kidneys to his bladder and is currently on hormone treatment. He is much better than last year when he had retained urine, a ruptured kidney, infections which hospitalised him and an allergic reaction to a hormone therapy drug!! He also has type1 diabetes and coeliac disease ( so has to follow a gluten free diet) 

Can anyone give us any advice who to go to for travel insurance please? We’re hoping to make the wedding if my husband is well enough and our flight goes ahead.

Best wishes, 

JanieB

• Hi

I'm glad to see you've found your way to the group after I suggested that you come and join us.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread that I signposted you to, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"