Travel Insurance for a terminal illness

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hello everyone

We have not left our house since Covid struck in March 20.  We have now taken the plunge and booked a 2 week holiday at the end of September in Croatia.  However, getting travel insurance is horrendous.  My husband has terminal liver cancer, with metastatic cancer to the adrenal gland.  He also has lung cancer and mycosis fungoides.  We have been given a quote, but over £3,000 which is more than the cost of the holiday.  We have spoken with the consultant who has given David the go ahead to travel and also confirmed he has more than 6 months of active life from the date of return.  Could anybody give us some advice please.  Thank you very much.  Karen 

• We have had a quote from “Good to go Insurance”, has anybody had any experience of dealing with them.  We have received the quote online, but when I try to call them, I am queuing for ever. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I don't have any personal experience with Good To Go travel insurance but you could type the name of the company in the search bar at the top of the page to see if there are any previous posts which mention them.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you very much and thank you for your welcome.  I will do as you suggest and type the name in the search bar, the online quote we have from them is reasonable, but I haven’t been able to speak to somebody over the phone, which is worrying if you need them while abroad.  

• Do they have a different telephone number for claims?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I really don’t know, there is only one number and I cannot speak to anybody to confirm.  I am going to try Aviva who somebody mentioned.  Thank you for your help Latchbrook