Where should I look for travel insurance

• 6 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi , I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last year and I have finished all my treatment and all looking good , we have a holiday booked for February next year (was actually for this year but had to change it ) where would anyone recommend for me to try before I get really disheartened with all the silly quotes ?!! 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure that you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance. Some providers might ask for a letter from your doctor saying that you are well enough to travel. This could come from your cancer team or GP.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for this info x

• Hi Countrylass

I have also finished my Immunotherapy for lung cancer and have just renewed my annual policy with Holidaysafe for £164.80

My policy for the last year was only £96 and I was in the middle of my treatment so compared to the horrific quotes I've read from other Cancer sufferers I think it's  fantastic.  I have been abroad 4 times in the past 12 months ! Give them a call on 0333 005 1026.

Good luck

Sylvia 

• Ooh thank you , I hope you’ve had amazing get aways , I’m so looking forward to a proper get away , we got married in St Lucia in 2020 and it all went down hill from there , one problem after another can’t wAit for some quality time with my hubby , he deserves it as much as me . Hope you have another holiday booked !! X

• Hi Countrylass

My heart goes out to you and your hubby, 2020 being the start of covid and to then have to deal with breast cancer. Please let us know if you get a good travel insurance quote so you can both get away for a well deserved holiday.

Robin xx

• Fantastic thanks Sylvia for sharing, when my treatment is finished later in the year I will try Holidaysafe too, I can't wait to get away with my hubby.

Robin x