Kidney tumour

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hubby diagnosed with large mass on kidney scheduled for a full kidney removal 1st July , we've booked a holiday before diagnosis as we thought he had an enlarged prostrate,  when this was being investigated he was referred fir bladder and kidney scan, kidney showed mass . He has had scans of pelvis lungs and abdomen and no evidence of any spread,  consultant advised a full kidney removal is all that is required , our current insurer doesn't cover this type of illness so looking for a good insurer , i also have stents following a heart attack hubby also has arthritis and controlled asthma 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your insurer will not cover your husband for his diagnosis but there are lots of insurers who will cover you if you have a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Let us know how you get on 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Ty will give these thread a look , our insurers have now comeback to us advising they will send our new info to the underwriter and come back to us in 5 days , most people are telling us to wait till surgery use a new  company