Travel insurance

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi I’m going to Fuertaventura at the end of July. I had a lumpectomy and lymph node removal last June then Radiotherapy which finished at the end of August. Just looking for the best travel insurance. 
Thanks Blush 

• Hi

A holiday to Fuertaventura sounds lovely but, unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Let us know how you get on 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

thanks so much for taking the time to reply. No I haven’t had a chance to look at the thread yet but I definitely will then call some insurance companies. Will let you know how I get on. 
    So sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. What a hard time you’ve been going through. 
    Do you have any dates yet for starting your chemo? 
    Sending lots of love to you 

• Hi 

I don't have a start date for chemo yet but had an echocardiogram yesterday to make sure everything's okay with my heart before treatment starts, so I guess it will be soon now.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"