Cruise Travel Insurance

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi, I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with peritoneal cancer last September and had to cancel my cruise.

Does anybody have any recommendations on which insurers cover this type of cancer for a cruise.

I tried one but was refused. Here's hoping someone can help.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A cruise sounds perfect but, unfortunately, it can be harder to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

•  Hi Elizabeth

I had a lot of trouble trying to get travel insurance after my lung cancer operation in January.  I too am going on a cruise. I found All Clear were very helpful and they even gave me annual insurance - no one else would even consider this.  It was quite pricey, but worth every penny to get away.  I am going to make sure i get full use out of it in  the next twelve months

Seasider

• Hi Seasider

Thank you for the information, I will give them a ring tomorrow. Enjoy your Cruise.

I had to cancel my Cruise which was early May as I am not yet fit enough to travel, but I am going to look into going later in the year.

Elizabeth B