Just had all clear

• 3 replies
  • 21 subscribers

My auntie has just had first all clear after surgery, chemo and radiation over last year now breast cancer wants to look book simple trip to Spain in around 6 months time. They don’t really do things online so I am trying to help them as she is under impression she won’t be able to travel or it will be over £1000 for single trip. Can anyone offer any advice where we should start or any insurers who have helped similar situation. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A trip to Spain sounds lovely but, unfortunately, it can be harder to get reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure that your auntie has all the information to hand about her diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when she's applying for insurance. Some providers might ask for a letter from her doctor saying that she is well enough to travel. This could come from her cancer team or GP.

Do let us know how she gets on

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi that’s good news your auntie has the all clear.  I have secondary breast cancer and am on target therapy every three weeks.  I use Insurewith for my insurance.  They covered me for a week to Cyprus in May which was £117 for myself and my husband.  Today they have covered me for a week to Greece in July for £28.00.  I applied online and had everything to hand regarding my diagnosis and treatment.  Their telephone number is 0333 005 1066 if you prefer to speak to someone although it takes a while to get through. 
    I hope you can get cover so your auntie can have a well deserved holiday. 

• Hi was this insurance with? I can't seem to find an insure with, unless it's insure with ease. Thanks for any help