Clinical Trial following completion of treatment.

• 4 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I had treatment (chemo and radical radiotherapy) for stage 3 lung cancer last year. Treatment lasted four weeks, finishing on 18 January 2022. I was then invited to participate in a Clinical Trial involving immunotherapy.

I am trying to organise travel insurance for Europe , but so far the companies to whom I have spoken have refused cover due to the Clinical Trial, as they appear to regard this as the same as “tests”.

Has anyone else had similar difficulties and any other suggestions would be very helpful.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. I haven't been on a clinical trial but searched the group for previous posts which mention this and found these for you to have a look at. You will see that Happy lass posted 3 months ago about successfully obtaining insurance while being on a clinical trial.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

•  Hi Chaussette,

I too am on a clinical trial so interested to know the implications on obtaining travel insurance. Have just browsed on Cancerresearch.org, the cancer reseach uk site. If you type in “ Getting insurance if you are in a clinical trial“ to the search bar, there is some good interesting information there. 

My personal situation is that I have travel insurance cover as part of a bank account package, but they won’t cover me for any cancer related illness. 

This is all very stressful, when all you want is to get away, relax and enjoy a big of respite! Really hope you manage to succeed in getting cover. 
    Best wishes

Sue

• Hi Sue and a very warm welcome to the online community

I don't know if you've looked at the posts that I linked Chaussette to but, if not, this is the post from Happy lass saying which insurance company provided her with travel insurance while she was on a clinical trial. If you haven't already tried them it might be worth giving them a call.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook, thanks so much, that’s really helpfull. 
    Sue x