Travel Insurance companies post lockdown

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Good morning all,

Finally we can travel again and visit family abroad :-).  It looks like Boots aren't doing travel insurance any more for new customers.  I used them pre-lockdown as I was recommended they were good if you were a cancer patient.  I had breast cancer in 2018 and thankfully doing well, now on year 3 out of 5 of hormone treatment.  Does any one have any recommendations of travel insurance companies that they've found good?

Thank you and warm wishes to all x

• Hi

It's great that we can finally travel abroad again but, as you know, it can be more difficult to get reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis. I used payingtoomuch.com to cover me (cancer) and husband (non-cancerous pre-existing medical condition) for a holiday to Europe over the winter and thought that the price was good.

Have you had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thank you so much for the link and recommendations.  I got quotes from payingtoomuch.com, Aviva and Saga and all were quite reasonable.  I ended up going with Saga which was a little more but I felt the details / info was clear with them and easy to communicate with, so all booked up :-).

Warm wishes...

Birdsoafeather
  • That's great news

I hope you have a time visiting your family!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"