Travel insurance

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi. I’ve just joined the community and I’m looking forward a list of travel insurers that others may have used recently. I’ve recovered from PTLD and intend to travel quite soon. Any recommendations of insurers greatly appreciated. 
thank you. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Lots of people here recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Many thanks latchbrook. I’ll have a look through the posts. Much appreciated Smiley