Can anyone help me with names of insurers

• 9 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I have stage 4 lung cancer & im on the daily tablet target treatment ive had cancer for over a year & the same treatment. I had several scans & it has cleared up from other areas & the lung area is getting smaller. I wanted to go abroad as ive never been on holiday & just thought i needed to go. I was thinking of Turkey. But the travel insurance is off putting. Please can someone help me? I had quotes of over £600 & some who refused to insure. I do t know if i am doing it right online. Any advice or support will be great PrayGod Bless 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. A new recommendation that has not, as at that time I've replied to you, been added to the thread is for Aviva Insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Lots of people here recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Try insurancewith.com they won't rip you off like others they go through everything with you Grin 

• Hi, I was diagnosed with lung cancer in December which was found to be in just one place. I  Have had the Course of treatment and the cancer has shrunk. I am now on what I think they call systemic treatment (one dose chemo/immunotherapy) every 3 weeks. till  I have my 2nd scan in June. I am not on any medication and do not have oxygen I have been trying to get holiday insurance and no one including Aviva will insure me, can anyone help me please as to what to do. 

• Hi

You say that you can't get insurance, does that include from those in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread mentioned above? 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you. I have tried All clear, they Quoted me one off with cancellation £1290.48p without cancellation £1143.07pFlushed  Their Annual world cover without the Americas is £2623.30p with cancellation  & £2206.64p without. How ridiculousFace palm tone3‍. I can not afford that. the only way I can go if I go is going without. 

The man I talked to at AllClear said that's cheap as I'm on ongoing treatment. 

I'm on the Targetted treatment (1 daily tablet), I have will be on this until it clears or gets worse. So The Insurance companies class that same as having chemotherapy or any other form of treatment. 

Has anyone any else here on this platform had insurance that's cheaper or a good value & on a similar treatment? 

thank you. 

• Hi

I typed 'targeted' into the group search bar to find previous posts which mention this type of treatment and found these. You could have a look through them to see who the posters recommend.

Do also have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as you'll find lots of recommendations from other forum members there, although not necessarily specific to your circumstances. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to EmaYo

Try insurance with.com they won't rip you off. I am on going chemo and my cancer has spread to lymph nodes and lung I also have a colostomy bag told them about surgeries I'd had everything was quoted £145.46 other companies were wanting£2k and well over a thousand on others 

• That’s brilliant Yellow99,

spot on. Other were quoting me £1.5k, £750, or a far from comprehensive cover for £450. FlushedFlushed. Insurancewith.com quoted me £155.00p Fully Comprehensive.

Thank you & best wishes.

• HI YELLOW 99

Thank you so much for your help I have managed to get insured with them on an annual policy for myself and my husband for £474.74p

Best wishes