Annual policy or even single trip for family!

• 7 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi. I’ve been booked onto a hen weekend in the Balearics, a wedding in Sicily and have a family holiday in lanzarote this summer. I have stage 4 bowel cancer and receive immunotherapy. So far the insurance quote for the family holiday is around £1000 which we cannot afford and I’d have to pull out of the other two. There must be better options than this? My disease is stable and I do not react badly to treatment. Anyone? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you have some great holidays booked but unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Lots of people here recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes I had already looked on there and didn’t get the quotes the others suggested, hence I opened a new thread..

I eventually found Cover with LV where they would take my declared illness but not permit anyone to claim because of anything connected to it - which I’m not sure is worth buying. So I still have no cover.

• That's so disappointing that none of the previously recommended travel insurance providers were able to give you a reasonably priced quote . Have you also tried those in the Travel Insurance Directory?

I've recently used payingtoomuch.com who covered both mine and my husband's pre-existing medical conditions for what I felt was a reasonable price. I think they're in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread but, if not, they might be worth trying.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I’ll certainly give it a go although it may have already been one I looked at yesterday via the various approved sites!

• Hi there - following another recommendation o tried a

few companies who said bowel cancer was routinely rejected. I then followed one user and got a really really good quote covering everything from insurancewith.com

not insure with - different company 

• That's great news !

I've just checked to make sure that they're in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread for others in future and can see that they are. From what others have said in the thread it looks like they stopped offering insurance during the pandemic but have restarted in the last month or so.

I hope you have some great holidays

x

Community Champion Badge