Travel insurance

• 8 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi, my sister in law has recently been diagnosed with several types of cancer, lung cancer been her secondary, she has had 3 chemo treatments so far and has got another three to go ( three weeks apart) she is doing really well, we booked a holiday prior to her diagnosis to Spain, costa del sol we are due to go this June for 10 nights. We don’t know where to start to look for insurance? Can anyone give advice where to try? 
kind regards.

• Hi, you could try Allclear travel. They didn't ask too many questions. I also tried Insurewith but I spent an age over the phone with more questions than you could shake a stick at... 45mins later they said no! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I applied on insurance with.com and got quote for £145.46 and my cancer had spread from primary bowel to lymph nodes and left lung am on ongoing chemo buth have arranged break before holiday I alRage have a colostomy bag was on phone for 20 minutes as they ask lots of questions but it's worth it some other companies were quoting well over a thousand pounds Rage xx

• Which company was that? I have bowel cancer spread to lymph nodes - two tiny little bits left all rest gone - and am just being refused by underwriters x

• Got it. Thank you for flagging them up I’m finally covered and covered properly! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Insurance with.com don't rip you off compared to others who quoted well over £1k 

• Insurance with.com

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can see that you've already had a couple of replies with recommendations of travel insurers to try.

If those haven't been able to provide your sister-in-law with a reasonably priced quote you could have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Lots of people here recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• You are very lucky. My husband who is in a similar situation to yourself has just been refused travel insurance from Insurance-with and every other insurer on the government's list and others. He is otherwise healthy, the cancer has not impacted our lives at all, apart from the treatments. A short holiday (4 days) would be a tonic for us both especially as we've had to deal with it all over lockdown...but it looks like we won't be able to go unless we take a big risk.