Unable to get Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi this is my first time on this forum.. I have stage 4 ovarian cancer. Diagnosis January 2021. Treatment now finished and recent scan result NED.. I’ve been trying to get insurance cover for a 2 week trip to Disney with grandchildren.. Post phoned from April 2020 and much anticipated.. Everytime I speak to a company or fill in on line for a quote I’m refused, It appears stage 4 is the stumbling block, even though I’m well at present… Any suggestions greatly welcomed 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place to be.

A holiday to Disney with your grandchildren sounds lovely but unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the recommended travel insurance thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory.

I do hope you can get insurance so that you can book your holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"