Insurance for relatives who might need to cancel

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi,   I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of a company who will provide cover for myself and my children.  My mum is diagnosed with terminal cancer and we want to get away for a few days but I know there is always a risk it might have to be cut short.  Most insurance policies only cover cancellation for unexpected illnesses and if someone has a terminal cancer diagnosis then they aren't covered.

Any suggestions lovely people 

Thanks

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I don't have any personal experience with the sort of travel cover that you're looking for but I've searched for previous posts on this topic in the group and found these posts which you could have a look through to see if anyone was able to get insurance.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the recommended travel insurance thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

I hope you're able to get insurance and do come back and let us know who it was with for people searching in future.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much - really helpful,  I'll have a good look ! 

Take care x