Travel insurance excluding cancer

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi

sorry if this has been  covered before but I am going abroad just for a week and have cancer at present.  All the quotes I have got include cancer as a pre existing condition and therefore the prices are ridiculous

is there any insurers out there that will exclude the cancer.  I am away for 1 week and very unlikely to have problems from the cancer during that short period.  I am prepared to take the risk of having to cancel due to treatment and losing the holiday cost 

many thanks

• Hi my included insurance with my bank account will do that - and I feel the same as you do about travelling with cancer.  However most of the package holidays have now started stating that ALL pre existing conditions must be insured as part of their Ts&Cs.  So be careful who you book with.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis and I don't know if it's possible to exclude cancer from your cover.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where you'll find previous recommendations from other forum members are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Most people say that it is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"