Travel insurance with and without maintenance treatment for lymphoma

• 11 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi, I have just finished treatment for follicular lymphoma and I'm waiting for my scan then an appointment with my consultant. It's been mentioned that I may not be offered maintenance treatment, and I'm considering whether to fight for it, including asking for a second opinion at another hospital.

Something that may affect my decision is how easy, and expensive, it will be to get travel insurance. I'd love to hear from anyone with follicular lymphoma who has, or hasn't, had maintenance treatment, and how that affected getting travel insurance. Is it more difficult, and more expensive, if you're having maintenance treatment (which lasts for 2 years)? Or it is much easier if treatment is 'finished' (at least for now)?

I'd love to know. Please let me know if you've had either experience.

• Hi Joy

Apologies for the delay, Ive been having terrible trouble getting to my messages on this website.

Thats fantastic news, the best you could hope for, congratulations.  Also good youve been offered maintenance, thats a belt and braces approach.

You'll soon be able to go travelling and put all this behind you.  The maintenance is a breeze, you'll hardly notice it.#

Best of luck for the future.

Tina

Courage does not always roar..........