Help!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

I will be celebrating my 70th birthday next year and wanted to have a big celebration with my husband. Just identified a cruise going out from Southampton in September 2022 for 29 days to USA, Canada and France but only insurance quote so far is by good to go insurance and is £3866.99, almost as much as the cruise! Any body have an idea who else I can try? I had an uncommon ovarian cancer diagnosed in July 2018, followed by surgery, to remove everything the human eye can see, and one dose of chemotherapy which made me very ill so switched to hormone treatment. I am now being monitored as low level rogue cells but no further treatment. Online companies. and comparison sites have all stated no policies found. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

That sounds like a great cruise to celebrate a 'big' birthday. I was hoping to do a cruise this summer to celebrate my 'big' birthday but we've had to put that on hold until next year.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance. 

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced insurance and do come back and let me know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"