Travel Insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 21 subscribers

My husband has stage 4 bowel cancer can anyone tell me where we can get travel insurance to travel to Greece in June if COVID allows us?

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have cancer but hopefully you'll be able to find some that will mean you and your husband can go to Greece as planned in June.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure your husband has all the information to hand about his diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when he's applying for insurance. Some providers might ask for a letter from his doctor saying that he is well enough to travel. This could come from his cancer team or from his GP and it might save time if he gets the letter before contacting insurance providers.

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced insurance and that you have a great time!

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My husband’s oncologist said if my husband can walk up a flight of stairs he can fly out on a holiday! Unfortunately being in remission for 4 years out of a stage four metastatic lung cancer diagnosis in 2016 counts for NOTHING with the insurers. We’ve been turned away numerous times and have been unable to find ANY insurer willing to cover him for a week in Spain or ten days Caribbean cruise 

• Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting travel insurance for your husband. Have you tried those insurers that have been recommended by other people who have/had have cancer in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread that I put a link to in my reply to Frannie147?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"