Insurance recommendations

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Any recommendations for a travel insurance company that do not charge the earth. Does it depend on your cancer and at what stage.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have cancer.

I don't know if you'd had chance to look through the recommended travel insurance thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance. Some providers might ask for a letter from your doctor saying that you are well enough to travel. This could come from your cancer team or from your GP and it might save time if you get the letter before contacting insurance providers.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"