Unbelievable - Post Office travel insurance refusal to honour a renewal quote

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Unbelievably bad faith from Post Office Travel Insurance. My Partner was treated for Oesophageal cancer two years ago. thankfully she was given the all clear last year. 

We got an annual policy with PO travel Insurance with worldwide cover, and declared conditions, which expires on Sept 10th. 

On 13th August I got an email inviting me to renew my policy and even providing a quote. 

As the premium hadn’t increased by too much I decided to renew, only to find that we were refused the renewal because “ the underwriter had probably made a change to the medical conditions”. It was all a bit vague.

So you invite a customer to buy a product from you ad then when they reach the shop you decide not to sell it to them. Well done Post Office Insurance. You’ve now lost us as a customer.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear how the Post Office have let you down with your travel insurance.

As you know, when you have had a cancer diagnosis it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance.

When you are ready to start looking for another insurance provider you might like to have through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking here will take you straight there.

I do hope that you can find some suitable insurance and that you and your wife have lots of lovely holidays.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi latchbrook

Many thanks for your kind reply. I'd never had any problems with PO Insurance, but this is bizarre! But then I guess we are in difficult times. 

Anyway, I've been looking at alternatives based on the recomendations and hopefully we'll find something which is right for us.