Urgent Cruise insurance needed - final trip

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi

We just found out that my Wife’s cancer has spread where she will not receive anymore treatment and planning a final holiday for us all. Found a cruise which leaves in 6 days time but we can not find an insurance company that will insure her. 

we have tried MIA and InsureWith. 

can anyone recommend anyone else that has a good reputation to include terminal clients?

thanks

• HI and welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the member's stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. I can't  remember if any of the recommendations specifically mention that they're good if you have a terminal diagnosis but if you type 'terminal' into the search bar in this group it should bring up posts where this is mentioned.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your wife's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance.

I  hope that you can find some insurance and do let me know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"