Travel insurance - leukaemia

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

I was diagnosed with AML just over a year ago and would like to go to Rome, a place I’ve always wanted to go, in March.  I have had a couple of quotes and I am astounded with the price.  I am sure this topic has been discussed before but any views on who to try would be appreciated.  I have tried Allclear and Staysure, thanks.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you have AML but a trip to Rome sounds perfect Slight smile

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis. I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the member's stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I do hope that you can find some reasonably priced travel insurance and that you have a great time in Rome.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"