Travel insurance on a cruise after cancer diagnosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi 

I have travel insurance for a cruise but 3 weeks ago I had my 3rd Cystoscopy so I rand admiral insurance and they have cancelled my insurance 

I have tried compare sites but all say not available to get a quote 

Does anyone know where I can try

We are going this sunday 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to get travel insurance. Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis. I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the Member's Stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would cover you when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance. Some insurers might ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel.

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a lovely cruise. Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"