Travel insurance to Florida USA

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi

my first time on here as only recently had a shock diagnosis of stage 2 bowel cancer, I had a pan proctocolectomy nearly 6 weeks ago where the tumour was taken out, no cancer in the lymph nodes or organs but cells found in my blood vessels. I have had problems with a perennial wound healing so cannot start chemo (preventative) until that is healed, I have a holiday booked July 2020 in Florida for my sons wedding & no insurance as yet, can anyone recommend the best place to go? Hopefully my chemo will be finished by then x

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis but I do understand how shocked you probably feel. However, that sounds like a great trip you have planned.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis. I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the Member's Stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would cover you when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and planned treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance. Some insurers might ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel.

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced travel insurance and that you have a great time in Florida. Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you Latchbrook, I will certainly look on the members stories x