Is there a list of recommended travel insurers?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Wave Hi there,

I keep going round and round on the community site and have tried searching this group for recommendations but to no avail. I simply wanted to know if there was a list of insurers to try. People have commented that they have been successful but don’t say which company they used.

I have had breast cancer this year and my husband has Wegners Granulomatosis (GPA) and we are struggling to find a quote that we can afford for our postponed trip to Spain, thank you Blush 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding this group difficult to navigate. There isn't a list as such but the best thread to look through for recommendations is the Recommended Travel Insurance thread as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the information to hand about your husband's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance.

As you know, some insurers will ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel. In any case it's always best to make sure that you have checked with your doctor that it's okay to travel and that this has been recorded in your notes in case of a claim.

I do hope that you can get travel insurance and that you have a great trip.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there,

I would recommend Insurancewith.com if you have not already tried them. You would be best to telephone them (you can find their number on their website). I have found them very good value compared to other insurers.

Best of luck Merob