Expensive Travel insurance, if you can get it.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

I've had throat cancer three times, the first 14 years ago, the other two in the last 3 years, none are related. So why is it so expensive, my best quote of £227 for one week in Spain.Annual cover declined. I'm not likely to get more in Spain and if I did its not an immediate illness, I'd probably have to wait weeks before seeing a doctor.back in this country. Macmillan must have massive clout so why don't you team up with an insurance company and sort out sensible insurance deals. There must be thousands of people in the same boat as me and I'm sure if you could steer us all in one direction quotes would be reduced. Why not start your own insurance company [ha ha] or at least become affiliated with one.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

It does seem to be very unfair that it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know whether you looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread before you took out your insurance but, if not, it would be worth taking a look when you need to take it out again as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained reasonably priced travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

As the online community is for people with cancer to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with cancer Macmillan don't come here and read the posts. The best way to get your ideas to Macmillan about teaming up with a travel insurer or starting their own insurance company is to complete this form

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"