Travel Insurance to Mexico

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi All, hope you are all doing well..

I am recovering from a Neck cancer (Squamous cell carcinoma) all went well with the Op and Treatment...

So booked a holiday to Mexico and have had a fright with insurance, either won't touch you or ridiculous quotes.

I seems to be you are still penalised even when recovering?  over 2 years will be a lot better but only finished treatment end of Aug 2018.

Can anyone offer any advice on who to try for a Reasonable quote please?

Kind Regards

Jay

• Hi Jay  and welcome to the travel insurance group

Unfortunately finding reasonably priced travel insurance for a cancer patient can be more difficult than it should be.

Have a look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you to it and you might find some companies that you haven't tried yet.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to do it online. 

I do hope that you can get travel insurance to cover your trip to Mexico.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your email....o dont like insurance companies at the best of times, but it feels like the ratcbags are writing us off and cashing in at our expense.

Somewhat frustrating and upsetting

Regards 

Jay

• Very true Jay, lastly summer was the first time in 5 years that I was able to get insurance at a good price, only for Europe for the two of us for the year for £135, but I can’t mention the company :( but check out the thread.

During these 5 years it’s was £2000+ for 14 days or nothing - so we saw the sights of the UK.......but I was also not allowed in a plain :(

Good luck.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge