Travel Insurance - terminal diagnosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 17 subscribers

I am trying to find any insurance companies that would consider medical cover for short trips to Europe. My partner is  well enough but time is of the essence. Thank you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi and welcome to the community, I see that you see that you are still waiting a response to your question this could be due to the group champion being on holiday and although I'm not usually found in this group I thought I would try and help you.

If you been trying to obtain insurance you will have found it a difficult process and especially if you are using price comparison sites online. The members of the group have found it beneficial to try the direct route siting down with the telephone and contacting various companies.

Each of the companies will base their quotations on the information you give them so it's a good idea to have everything you need prepared and with you before you start making the calls. You will need dates the treatment started, when the diagnosis was made and things like age etc and settle down for the morning.

Unfortunately we can't recommend individual companies but it is suggested that you work your way through This thread as members have shared with each other the companies they have used and the best prices they have obtained but remember each quotation is made on the information received and can vary from person to person.

I hope my reply helps you and you are able to find insurance at a reasonable rate. As this post is updated regularly and it would be helpful if when you find a suitable rate that you come back on here and tell the members the company you used and the rate you received. 

I hope you are able to get away on holiday and just want to give you a quick reminder to take your EHIC card with you if you don't have one you can apply for them online, they are supplied free but you must ensure it is the government Web site you use as you may find that some companies will charge you an "Administration" fee. This may be of interest 

EHIC card information and application form

I hope you are able to get away and have a good break.

Ian

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you